Monday, September 26, 2011

surrender


surrendering the need to be right
surrendering the need to examine all wounds and slights and injuries
surrendering the need to be good
surrendering the need to be more
surrendering the need to be wanting
surrendering the need to be needful
surrendering the need to compete
surrendering the need to conform
surrendering the need to be liked
surrendering to the will of God/Goddess/All that Is and just floating on this river which knows where it is going...

trusting that the eddies will be there when i need to rest
and the rapids will bounce me out on the other side
and the sun will shine on me and the stars will guide me

4 comments:

  1. Oooh I like! My two words over the last couple of weeks have been "let go", so your post has really resonated with me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holding on or letting go, staring or glancing, fear or faith, delicate sips or lusty gulps ...it's all a matter of choice in the end isn't it?

    XXOO

    ReplyDelete