Wednesday, December 15, 2010

reverb10 body prompt




Author: Patrick Reynolds
The Knowledge Workers Survival Guide
@patrickcantype

Prompt: Body integration. This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn't mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?

This is going to sound less yoga/yoda/mind body spirit as one than i would have liked ...

the vision of me as some toned physical and spiritual athlete who has completed some mountainous task is something i toy with from time to time

and then discard when i find how arduous it is to run to the bus if i am late to meet the girls

so the moment when i didn't have seperate mind and body me - when i was cohesive me, alive and present was when i was really sick with the flu

in the first couple of days i was so achey that walking was barely possible and i groaned involuntarily, i couldn't eat and i could barely drink

simon thought he would have to take me to hospital and Eila kept coming in, with a worried face and giving me little kisses on the head

i was really sick

i was totally aware of every part of my body - they all hurt so damned much, i was scared, i was glad i was alive...

my mind helped me - it said things like "Now you are one minute closer to being better" at regular intervals...

it said "nothing else matters now, just rest"

occaisionally it said "you have things to do" but then my body said "Ahem, HULLO?? WE ARE REALLY FU*KIN SICK HERE"

and then it shut up again..

but i was mind/body/spirit.

cohesive
alive
present

and wanting to be healthy with everything in me....

not sexy but true.

2 comments: