Thursday, December 9, 2010

reverb10


this from Calli Harris

Prompt: Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?

Community...something more precious to me than i can say...

i have a community outside of my cyberlife who has been with me for years, whom i met through the homebirth movement... women who parent in a similar way to me but whose hearts are open and spirits are thirsty for the same water as mine... we have drifted apart a little - they continue to walk the hills and valleys of raising small children... i am striving to rediscover myself...

i have community with my friend Anna which has developed over this year - she is erudite, kind, generous and i laugh with her until my pelvic floors are threatened or breached - it fills me up more than i can say.

i have been part of the sark forum for a few years and like any living thing it is constantly changing - i have met some sisters of my heart there (and you know who you are xxx)

i have dipped my toe in the twitter community - it informs me, makes me laugh and sucks all my time if i am not careful... i feel a bit like the girl in the no name jeans when everyone else is in levis but still i like the sense of fun and community i find there

i have drifted from blog to blog and feel a strong kinship to some of my favourite authors.. The incomparable Dani Sutcliffe (she is the drink of water my cells rehydrate with), Jen Gray, Jen Lee, Connie (this is not an exhaustive list - i am trying to get the girls to school sorry )... some of them know that i love them, some of them don't but they are precious to me ....

and of course my friends from BIG and the Tribe- i can't say how having that bunch of spunky, courageous, inquisitive, art-hearted women have plumped up my soul in a way that i see as miraculous... i have been priviledged to walk this far with them - AND with that workiing work of art, Connie at the helm it is an adventure i wouldn't miss for the world... ROLL ON DEEP

For a loner, for someone who likes solitude, someone who can't think of anything more happy making than a walk by myself on the beach, a life crowded with these people seems incongruous on paper

but bloody marvellous in real life

1 comment: