Friday, December 10, 2010

REVERB10 Karen Walrond's prompt



Eila took this photo because she loved the colours in my hair...

Author: Karen Walrond
The Beauty of Different
@chookooloonks


Prompt: Beautifully different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different - you'll find they're what make you beautiful.


What makes me different?

i think if i had to sum it up i would say more.

i think more, cry more, worry more, dream more, hope more, change more, care more, am grey more

i shake more, feel more, wonder more, laugh more, aging more,

i am more colourful, more troublesome

more solitary,

more connected,

more passionate,

more irritating,

more visionary,

more frightened....


maybe we all feel like that but i often, when i look at the people i see everyday, the people who i chat to at school, the people i greet at the supermarket...

i just seem more - that is not arrogant or vain and in fact i have been criticsed all my life for being too much (which confusingly also makes me not enough)

but i love my colour and my grey hair, i love my easy rise to tears and laughter, i love my passionate fire which gets things done and makes me feel close to God Goddess all that is...

more is good

6 comments:

  1. You ARE so delightfully MORE! And, jane - the too much/not enough - ohmygoddess! isn't that the weirdest/wildest thing??

    Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your moreness, and your variation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pic, Eila :)
    Wonderful faerian <3 my more than loveable, creative Artist friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi faerian,

    Your hair and your posts....its all beautiful from what I see!

    Indie

    ReplyDelete